How to Fix Water Damaged iPhone
From Wiki Problem
To fix the water damaged iPhone there are several tricks which can be done at home. Some of those explained below. You can follow and get your iPhone fixed.
Clean Up iPhone
- Remove Your phone from water
- Turn off the iPhone immediately.
- Remove any case from the iPhone if you have one.
- Remove your iPhone sim card with a tray.
- Wipe down the iPhone with a dry and absorbent cloth.
- Clean the ports using a toothpick and cloth piece.
First Aid Simple Solutions
- Place the iPhone in a dry place and wait at least 48 hours.
- Dry it with Silica gel packets
- Put the iPhone in a vacuum bag to suck liquid from the inner parts.
- Remove Screws from the bottom of iPhone
- Remove the front cover using a suction pump
- Remove the battery using a Phillips screwdriver or any other flat tool.
- Remove cable connector
- Remove the logic board from the plastic case.
- Submerge the logic board in 97% isopropyl alcohol until some visible residue.
- Scrub out visible residue with a soft brush
- Allow the logic board to dry completely before reassembling.
- Wipe down the LCD With isopropyl alcohol using a piece of cloth.
- Wait for the components to dry
- Reassemble iPhone
- Power on your iPhone
- Check if the iPhone's warranty service is active if you want some servicing.
- Use Waterproof case to ensure you won’t suffer from the same problem again.
- Avoid carrying your iPhone while swimming/bathing, Outdoor sports like water skiing, wakeboarding, surfing, etc.